Photo Resolution

So, it is a new year and I am making a new year resolution to take more photos and share them with family. This resolution to become better and photography and the work flow that goes with it, I am calling my "Photo Resolution". (Rim Shot) {Pun intended} :-) LOL

My goal is to take pictures everyday and to take my camera with me more often. I hope this will help me to become a better photographer and help me to change the way I see the world. It is late and I really should get to sleep but I really want to start by posting some pictures from a family gathering recently.

This is actually not from the family gathering but from when Cas and I went to Boise and I saw this rusted sign that had painted on it' "Metalex - Rust Preventive Paint". I love it! :-)

I really liked this photo because they are both looking so happy. I should have blurred the background more and the chair rack in the back ruins the shot. Other than that I like it.

What a great moment. Both are looking in the same direction with their eyes well open and there are not a lot of distractions in the background. Really cute faces.

Both are no longer looking in the same direction but the facial expressions make up for that.

I have to admit I am a sucker for really cute expressions. That baby is just soo cute!

I like the composition but I despise the background distractions (chairs, people). I should have moved the chairs and blurred out the background more by changing the aperture or with Photoshop's Gaussian blur.

I like the composition in this one and I was able to catch a good look. Also, no blaring distractions in the background. Finally. :-)

I enjoy the composition, expressions, and theme. Once again I wish I would have moved the cups and the garbage can.

Same thing here, just a different expression. Sooo cute!

I am not sure why I like this picture, but I do. Maybe because it is family and the picture is telling.

These kids were having soo much fun scurring around on the floor playing. I like that you can't see what they are watching which helps give it relatability or universal theme. Also the amount of distraction from the subjects are low and the reflection on the floor is a nice touch.

They found the camera! :-) I like that the angles on the arms brings all of the attention to the expression on his face. Kids rock!

This was one of the decoration on the table. It looks better in black and white and with my copyright. I guess it feels professional to me. I like the composition and the very shallow depth of field.

Well, there you have it. The begining of a year long resolve to become a better photographer overall. Not just at taking the pictures but also sorting, editing, sharing, and analyzing to improve the next shoot. Have a great day!

No comments: